Noriko Bayes (Makaton Regional Tutor and Nursery Nurse for our Special Support Centre) runs the following Makaton Workshop:
- Foundation Workshop for Professionals
Makaton offers a structured approach for the teaching of communication, language and literacy skills. Makaton signs/symbols are always used with speech in order to provide a visual representation of language which increases understanding and makes expressive communication easier. Many research studies show that using signs help developing speech.
Makaton helps to improve:
- poor attention and listening
- understanding of speech
- understanding of what will happen next
- developing speech
- English as an additional language
- children’s ability to make themselves understood including:
- what they want
- how they feel
- what they are thinking
- their choices and preferences
- learning to read and write.
The next courses are on:
14th November & 21st November 2019 – 9am-4pm
Click here for foundation booking form
To check availability and book a place please telephone 01243 642925.